Eaton’s Vehicle Division is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor 2nd shift for the Roxboro, NC facility.
Lead a team of Maintenance Technicians to meet safety, quality, and production goals of the facility. Organizes, plans and monitors the repair, replacement, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of production equipment. Work with Maintenance Technicians and Operations on work assignments and priorities. Identify, plan and execute individual and team training initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead the maintenance team in maintaining and repair of various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, CNC machines, assembly equipment, furnaces, washers, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
- Plans and directs scheduled or unplanned maintenance activities and establishes maintenance priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Reviews and analyzes maintenance metrics and operational reports to determine causes of equipment failure and reliability.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Establishes and plans staffing requirements to ensure support of the operations.
- Initiates and maintains plant requirements to all mandatory environmental and safety regulations.
- Ensures compliance with safety and housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities related to the facility as needed.
- Confers with operations to direct the inspection of machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 year of experience supporting the maintenance function
- Minimum 1 year of prior supervision experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time