Professional Returnship Engineer
- Learn the latest in technology for passenger car and commercial vehicle powertrain systems
- Leverage your skills to design and Invent new intellectual property that helps our business grow and provides value to our customers.
- Utilize your expertise to conceptualize, architect, design, and test prototype powertrain systems
- Engage with the installation of prototype systems into development vehicles and test labs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- No Relocation Available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Southfield, MI facility to be considered.
- Experience with commercial vehicle or passenger car applications
- Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Technical curiosity, creativity, and inventiveness
- Strong comprehension of engineering fundamentals and physics
- Ability to apply sound technical decision making to the solution of engineering challenges
- Strong communication skills while interacting with engineers, designers, technicians, and external customers, partners, and suppliers to accomplish project objectives.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH VTI Engrg Vehicle Technology and Innovation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time