Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor to support the Forest City, NC facility.
Shift: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-11:00pm (plus some week-end shifts)
Responsible for supervising hourly employees to deliver excellence to our customers and meet assigned deadlines. The Manufacturing Supervisor will ensure that production is managed in a safe and efficient manner, and will have interaction at all levels of the organization, including external customers. The Manufacturing Supervisor will provide coaching and direction to their team while driving accountability in the business; ultimately championing the organization to achieve its business level and strategic goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will champion, coach, recognize, and motivate shop floor employees to utilize Continuous Improvement tools to exceed safety, cost, productivity, quality, morale and delivery targets.
- You will establish and maintain an environment conducive to continuous improvement manufacturing; recommends alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- You will champion manufacturing team in achieving production schedule goals and exceeding customer expectations.
- You will drive activities to reduce past due, scrap, rework and overtime cost while meeting safety and quality objectives.
- You will conduct process checks within areas of responsibility and monitor performance to establish standard work formats and pacing boards.
- You will maintain and consistently administer local policies to meet day to day operating requirements. Ensures that all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported, and followed on the production floor
- You will promote positive employee relations to ensure success within the manufacturing environment identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
- You will coordinate job training and cross-training for manufacturing personnel and provides development opportunities for employees including helping to define, develop, and deliver training and development activities.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma from an accredited institution or currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree with a graduation date no later than May 2020 required
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Prior experience with Continuous Flow operations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, industrial safety, continuous improvement, and quality assurance concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously and the ability to work among multiple critical priorities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico