Senior Contracts Analyst
Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Senior Contracts Analyst. The Senior Contracts Analyst will be based at our Irvine, CA facility.
The Senior Contracts Analyst supports Commercial and Pricing teams with major Pricing Proposals and focus on business growth through the review and development of untapped aftermarket opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage contract administration tasks for assigned contracts and customers utilizing independent judgment and decision making. Must have demonstrated experience in working independently and with minimal supervision.
- You will organize and plan technical review of business bids and directs action required from engineering/other company support departments.
- You will maintain effective communications with customers and sales/marketing staff relative to contract issues, purchase order/sales order status, and general marketing trends applicable to account assignments.
- You will ensure accurate purchase orders/sales orders are reflected in the company Business Operating System.
- You will support the department in continuous process improvement and Functional Excellence activities.
- You will work with Program Management to transition development programs to full-scale production programs for assigned accounts.
- You will update and report customer delivery rating status monthly or as required. If required, initiate recovery plans for delinquent customer orders and/or perform root cause and implementation of corrective action plans.
- You will act as customer primary point of contact; exhibit professional business acumen; coordinate responses to inquiries with applicable company departments.
- You will prepare government/commercial proposals in response to customer requests. Verify orders/contracts for conformance to quotes/proposals. Lead strategy discussions regarding price, delivery and terms and conditions. Support customer fact finding reviews.
- You will post contracts award, coordinate cost and sell price factors with Unit’s Controller, Master Planner and Marketing Management to guarantee that execution is properly flown down and well controlled within each department.
- You will develop and implement strategies regarding price versus margin for assigned accounts. Adjust pricing/quotes as necessary. Maintain accurate sales forecast for assigned customers.
- You will be responsible for performing margin and sales analysis to support business growth and analyzes average gross selling price by product for forecasting and SIOP processes .
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with customer service in a manufacturing environment is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Irvine, CA facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 5+ years’ experience in contract administration, customer service or pricing highly preferred.
- Aerospace Industry Experience Preferred.
- MS Office proficient.
- MS Excel Advanced
- Human relation skills to communicate with customer representatives and internal functions to bring together all available capabilities to administer assigned contracts.
- Working knowledge of an MRP system.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time