Senior Global Trade Analyst
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will work within our Global Trade Team at our Titchfield Site; with some travel across the UK you will liaise with various internal departments.
Eaton Titchfield Are currently recruiting for a:
Senior Global Trade Analyst:
Your key deliverables:
This Position requires an experienced trade controls professional to support export/import licensing and compliance activities in a fast paced and global trade environment within its Global Trade Management group.
The Senior Global Trade Analyst will liaise with key business functions (Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Customer Service) to perform all aspects of preparation, submission, approval, monitoring and tracking export authorizations and licenses/agreements for the EU (e.g. OGELs, OIELs, SIELs, etc. ).
The role will also involve collaboration with the US Export Licensing Team on the management of US Trade Controls (ITAR, EAR, OFAC, etc.) along with follow up administrative support services.
This position, working with the EMEA GTM Export Manager, will establish the working parameters, team processes/procedures and goal measurements indicators for obtaining the proper approvals prior to exporting or sharing controlled goods and intangibles.
Applying expertise in EU Government Export Control Organizations (BAFA, ECO, etc. ) review timeframes and communication with reviewing agencies. The position will ensure authorisations, licenses/ agreements are properly tracked and all recordkeeping requirements are being met by the EU sites. Create and deliver periodic awareness training across the company to achieve required standard of corporate compliance. Maintain and oversee Technology Control Plans at site(s).
Contributes to training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls. Supports management and internal teams in reviewing and resolving compliance. Develops and maintains thorough and current knowledge of international trade laws and regulations applicable to import and export authorization(s) related to activities. This position will contribute to the development, implementation and governance of international trade policies to ensure full compliance with international regulations regarding import and export transactions.
Support Eaton in reaching its GTM goals and objectives specific to authorisation management, approvals and administration thus reducing overall liabilities, establishing consistency and maintaining Eaton’s compliance obligations.
· Develop and deploy throughout assigned Business Unit sites all applicable authorizations
· Compliance processes and procedures in conjunction with vary other functions within Eaton.
· Manage key functional personnel identified as authorization specialists assuring compliance with
Trade regulations, ensuring maximum output and quality deliverables.
· Assist in the development and implementation of local Trade policy and procedure.
· Detailed review of authorisations team’s work and supporting documentation to
ensure Eaton maintains its compliance obligations
· Act as escalation point/ super user for team members with sites and UK government agencies.
· Provide regular reports to sites and management (including metrics, license approval status etc.)
· Support Risk assessment and audit actives.
· Ensure policies and procedures are maintained as needed.
· Provide analytical support to implement new processes for new international activity including
· Acquisitions and Divestitures initiatives, projects and audits.
· Work with IT teams to establish the proper working tools and security parameters.
A candidate with strong working knowledge of UK Export Controls and export licensing requirements, including liaison with Export Control Organisation on both tactical and strategic licencing issues, and Compliance Inspections.
· Must have a strong practical experience of managing both US Trade Compliance controls within a European programme environment.
· Must have experience and proven success in supporting, driving, executing and maintenance of policies and procedures in a decentralized/ matrixed environment.
· Self-rate or submit rating requests for export classifications Issue import clearance instructions and maintain appropriate records.
· Develop and maintain programme and/or product export control plans
· Maintain export records ensuring entries are valid and compliant with ECO requirements.
· Working knowledge of regulatory administrations governing jurisdictions relative to international trade, specifically those affecting the movement of goods and services.
· Demonstrate the ability to establish and successfully lead a team of licensing specialist to meet corporate demands and goals.
· Strong analytical, negotiation and influencing capabilities.
· Knowledge of audit, assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls.
· Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, role and responsibilities of Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders and Logistics Service providers.
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written word to all levels of corporate management, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials.
· Ability to think critically and have strong strategic planning and project/program management skills.
· Experience with Trade Compliance processes and procedures associated with ERP software systems, a plus.
· Must be adaptable and resilient to constant changes in job duties, priorities and the internal/external business and regulatory environment.
· Must have the ability to meet deadlines and negotiate for variances in plans.
· Must have the ability to multi-task in a high matrix organization.
· Must have the ability to present and train large audiences and host/lead web-meetings.
· Must have the ability to travel and support on site within the UK and possibly throughout the EMEA region.
· Must be educated to degree level.
· Proficiency in an additional language desirable.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time