Job Scheduling - Analyst IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
- · Under the direction of the job scheduling team lead and/or senior job scheduling analyst, utilize scheduling software features to ensure appropriate and timely submission and processing of required workload.
- · Communicate with customers to understand business applications in order to properly and appropriately schedule their workload, and to educate and encourage use of available productivity tools and aids.
- · Assist in creating and maintaining scheduling documentation required to support the environment
- · Ensure appropriate integration of applications through proper use of scheduling software and understanding the effects of one application on another.
- · Provide detailed communications to the Data Center Operations Command Center team in support of Notable Outages and Activities. An understanding of Command Center Operations functions is key to proper communication.
- · Assist Sr. analysts with daily processing tasks
- · Abnormal termination of job processing requires analysis of computer-generated diagnostics, for recovery and restart. Urgency can become a factor, due to dependence of associated workload, size and frequency of subsequent workload.
- · Forecasting and Reporting within the automated scheduling software.
- · Provide rotational on-call support of the scheduling environment. This role includes the incorporation of several daily process tasks.
- · Maintain sensitivity to global user community due to support of multiple time zones
- · Support both the team lead administrative analyst and technical lead analyst in promoting the standards for enterprise job scheduling.
- · Support Sarbanes-Oxley requirements within the enterprise job scheduling organization
- · M. Seek project management opportunities within enterprise job scheduling to assist in the implementation of standard processes required to maintain production operations. A clear understanding of the tools associated with project management is essential to this role.
Educational and Experience Requirements
· Degree in computer science or related field preferred
· A command of PC-based applications such as Microsoft Office are necessary
· Knowledge of SAP, Unix, Linux, Windows, AS400, and Mainframe Operating Systems
· Mainframe knowledge of JCL and CICS
· ERP experience (Oracle, MFGPRO, MAPICS, SAP preferred)
· Project Management
· Incident Management
· Change Management
· Basic Unix /LINUX
· Basic NTMinimum one year experience with IT platform and application analysis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time