Customer Service Representative- Tier 1
Eaton located in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative Provides world class customer support to both internal and external customers while following all internal policies and procedures to help meet company goals for revenue growth and profitability.
The incumbent will handle between 60 to 100 phone calls, faxes or e-mails per day and responds to inquiries or problems on stock, orders and quotations. The Customer Service Representative administers sales promotions per outlined guidelines and performs other appropriate functions as directed by the Customer Service Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will communicate directly with customers and outside sales representatives via phone and email to analyze, schedule, expedite, and answer customer's requests to effectively service customer and distributor requirements.
- You will advise customers of product availability, price, application, and terms in line with standard parameters.
- You will accurately processes all customer requests including quotations, purchase orders, credit requests and customer complaints which are received via phone, fax or email.
- You will generate distributor and customer confidence and enhance Eaton Crouse-Hinds image by working to strengthen relationships with customer, distributor and field sales by providing comprehensive, timely, courteous replies to inquiries.
- You will identify opportunities for standards, specifications and orders and communicate to field, and or Customer Service Manager as appropriate, to maximize sales.
- Will you recommend products and possible substitutions of products to service customer requirements in line with the Crouse-Hinds World-Class-World-Wide concept.
- You will provide answers to fundamental questions relating to products and their applications. Obtain department assistance as necessary for the more complex inquiries and issue resolution from Sales Service Representatives or Customer Service Manager.
- You will resolve customer complaints typically related to shipping or billing issues. Issues return authorizations and quality notifications as appropriate.
- You will coordinate with other departments to quote price, lead times and delivery dates for stocked and non-stocked product to end customers.
- You will participate in all company sponsored training sessions to improve product knowledge and prepare for more technical responsibilities.
- You will rotate through an 8am-8pm coverage shift and holiday schedule to ensure after hours coverage.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Syracuse will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well with people, remain courteous and tactful even in stressful situations with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to use sound commercial judgment in communicating sensitive information to field, distributor and end-user contacts.
- The customer service representative must be knowledgeable in the use of PC’s including current software programs, e-mailing, document imaging, systems and database management.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Call center experience is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No