Program Manager II
- You will manage the Profit and Loss of the NPD Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- You will execute IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- You will supervise the Project Managers assigned to the Program. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- You will manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- You will ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- You will maintain metrics for program for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- You will coordinate all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- You will manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- You will provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- You will play a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- You will provide overall Program interface with the customer.
- You will coordinate and monitor a One Eaton Aerospace program technical personnel across multiple sites
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Bachelors degree required
Minimum 6 years experience in Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering and/or Product Development Management.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
No relocation is offered for this role. candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Irvine, CA location.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
Engineering degree preferred
Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
Experience in Risk Management
Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time