Production Operator 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Production Operator to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will operate an extruder (tube and cover) which extrudes rubber compound from the extruder to cover mandrel or rubber hose with braid reinforcement to meet specifications.
- You will operate a braider which interweaves two or more strands of yarn to provide reinforcement for the hose before the cover process.
- You will operate a finishing station (cut/coil & eject/test) which ejects mandrel from the hose by using water pressure, and proof test the hose to make sure that it meets specifications. You will cut the hose at the appropriate place on the reel, and coil the hose to prepare it for shipping.
- In addition, you will participate as an effective member of a production team and be responsible for 5S and TPM. You will work in cross-functional teams and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective 5S practices.When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Forest City, NC will be considered
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills/team building
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No