Team Leader - 3rd Shift
You will drive and advocate for a zero incident culture through diligence in accident prevention, investigation and policy enforcement.
You will drive Eaton’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies. Aligns workforce to the company vision through Eaton Philosophy workplace practices and beliefs that build trust, mutual respect and teamwork between employees at all levels of the organization.
You will promote quality by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
You will lead shift start meetings and assign employees to appropriate work each day to address changing workloads.
You will conduct process checks (e.g. standardized work)
You will train employees in work processes and monitor daily progress and performance.
You will collaborate with the department supervisor and other team leaders to ensure production requirements are met / exceeded each day. Lead root cause analysis approach for variance to target.
You must be open and available to employee needs regarding the appropriate tools, training to meet department objectives.
You will lead by example supporting Eaton company initiatives including EBE, EBS, ELS, etc.
In the absence of the shift supervisor, you will ensure essential products have been updated and distributed prior to start of the on-coming shift
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Cleveland TN area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field of study from an accredited school
- Knowledge and experience with the Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MFG-Pro
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people
- Effective use of communication and tact with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No