Plant Quality Supervisor
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Plant Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
The Quality Supervisor directly manages the daily Quality Auditor activities and is functionally responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Quality Management System in the East Providence Facility, including: designing, developing, coordinating, and deploying work instructions/procedures throughout the inspection department; reviewing customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements; developing continuous improvement activities (through 8D and corrective actions) and cost control programs; working with 3rd party service suppliers to maintain the plant gage management and calibration system; and providing training and supervision as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the quality customer interface to ensure that requirements are understood and met, and complaints are resolved. Regularly engage with customers to drive continuous improvement as measured by customer surveys / scorecards, warranty activities.
- You will build organizational capability across the quality function. Ensures deployment of Eaton’s QFE tool set and provides input into development plans of plant quality team members. Identifies and develops functional and leadership talent.
- You will develop the plant quality training plan and leverages EBS resources for execution of training plans. Provides for training on related Quality Tools, Systems, and Processes such as Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, Control Plans, EQS, and Quality Management Systems.
- You will drive the principles of a performance-based organization. Analyzes quality performance, sets the plant goals for quality metrics, and cascades goal setting through APEX to individual goals and development plans. Ensures alignment with the parent-organization defined strategy. Performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and establishes action plans to close gaps.
- You will lead the implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System to foster a culture of customer focus and continuous improvement while maintaining compliance with internal and external requirements. Develops and manages the facility internal audit program. Serves as the Management Representative on ISO/AS9100-based requirements and NADCAP special processes. Hosts customer and 3rd party auditors as needed.
- You will actively work with the Supply Chain / Supplier Development organization to ensure quality of purchased products and services meets Eaton requirements.
- You will work in the design of gages, measurement instruments, and test equipment. Perform Measurement System Analysis throughout the facility and recommend improvements in measurement methodology.
- You will create a training program to develop multiple tiers of CMM users and programmers.
- You will train and direct hourly associates.
- You will create a Total Preventive Maintenance program for all measurement equipment and accessories such as measurement probes, computer hardware, etc.
- You will develop programs to inspect parts in accordance with engineering blueprints, specifications CAD model data and specific customer requirements .
- You will manage the CMM inspection process to be effectively and efficiently integrated into the manufacturing product flow.
- You will interface with equipment OEM, distributors, and technicians to maintain service contracts, calibration and TPM schedule.
- You will work with 3rd party calibration providers to manage calibration and certification of measurement equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Quality from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee.
- No relocation is associated with this position. Candidates must live within 50 miles of the facility.
- Master’s in Engineering or related field from an accredited Institution
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Manager Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) is preferred.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly operations, gauging, SPC, APQP, and quality management systems (e.g. ISO 9001, AS9100, NADCAP special processes).
- Eaton Six Sigma Greenbelt certification or equivalent is preferred
- Understanding of problem solving techniques such as 8D, Relentless Root Cause Analysis, DOE, Six Sigma, Shainin/Red X, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and measurement methods/metrology is highly desirable.
- Proficiency using PC configured with MS Office applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time