3rd Shift Valve Forge Press Operator
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Valve Forge Press Operator on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
The Valve Forge Press Operator is responsible for promoting safety, quality, production and 5S.
The Operator will be responsible for running an automated valve forge press, but will also be expected to cross-train to run a manual valve forge press. The operator would be responsible to complete changeovers in a timely manner, change their own tooling and minor troubleshooting of the press, which could include the lube system, kickouts, rails, etc. Although this position would start on an automated forge press, the employee would be expected to learn additional operations such as manual valve press, material handler, shear operator, quality control, and die assembly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will operates Valve forge press
- You will troubleshoots machine malfunctions and performs minor maintenance on machines.
- You will communicate with audit/quality control and keep area clean (5S)supervisor
- You will performs set-up on presses for different valve prints
- You will sorts valves, gears, and slugs for defects
- You will adjust machinery during changeover, punch and dies and identify quality issues
- You will uses gauges to check valve/gear specifications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation not included - must live within 50 miles to be considered.
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery and read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts and entering data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
- One year of industrial experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No