Eaton Electrical Services & Systems Early Talent Program: Field Service Engineer
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders and experienced mentors is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Currently possesses or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical/Computer, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Industrial or Systems from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2019
Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
Possesses and maintains a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States
Prior relevant internship or co-op experience within the electrical/power industry
Experience in testing, trouble shooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable
Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
Excellent computer & analytical skills
Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
Field Service Engineers must have the availability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary. Frequent U.S. travel will be required by automobile within the district territory and possibly by air plane to support other domestic districts. Occasional international travel is possible to support global customers. Field Service Engineers must be available to be on-call and respond to customer emergencies. Expect up to 25 - 75% travel, within the district territory, based on customer requirements.
Employment could be based in one of the following regions:
Northeast: Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia
Central: Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee
Gulf: Louisiana, Texas
West: California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Phoenix, New Mexico
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, and reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to climb and reach above shoulder level. The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time