Global Logistics Category Manager, Ocean and Air
- Develop logistics and business processes to continuously evaluate supplier rates, services and performance.
- Manage all commercial and contract agreements delivering commercial solutions
- Act as the subject matter expert on external Ocean and Air market understanding industry and market trends and formulating strategies for the Category
- Deliver key supplier management solutions across the category supply base through commercial management , customer satisfaction surveys and corrective / optimal action programs
- Lead the profit plan cycle for Ocean and Air Category from the creation and maintenance of Category RFQ pipeline, CODB and reporting Global Procurement RFQ’s.
- Coordinate a portfolio of projects within the Global Procurement function and provide functional leadership to category managers
- Drive project timelines , budget delivery , resource management implementation scheduling for Global Logistics projects.
Do you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Quality and/or Manufacturing
- 7-10 years’ professional experience in a global / multi-business Supply Chain role
- 5-7 years’ professional experience in global logistics, material planning, warehousing and/or distribution
- Subject matter expertise in International Logistics Sourcing for Ocean and Air
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Leadership, Drive for results and adaptability
- Collaborative style, promoting and championing change
- Mentoring, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Can deliver solutions to RFQ and Tender events
- Can deliver Procurement Strategies and solutions
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time