Lead Designer - ESSG
This position on the MVA engineering design team focused on mechanical and some electrical design. This position requires a high degree of creativity, a solid working knowledge of CAD technology, drafting skills, and understanding of mechanical, and some electrical principles. Prepares sketches or complete detail and layout designs from verbal or written instructions on products and equipment. Works independently on assignments utilizing well developed technical skill sets and judgment and should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Primary responsibility of the designer is to work on development of Medium Voltage Assembly layout drawings and BOMs, Perform design and drawing activities for new Configure-to-Order products in MVA with established practices and company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings as per the order engineering by application engineers. He has to complete the layout run and make corresponding bill of material for the same. He should also be competent in mentoring and guiding entry level design drafters.
· Demonstrate proficiency in use of CAD (2D and 3D) tools with mechanical or electromechanical systems. Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and CAD standards, practices and procedures, ECR/ ECN data extraction/ analysis/ reporting. Proficiency in SAP is preferable.
· Ability to interpret data from MV Assemblies layouts engineering by the Maintenance of Line team
· Utilizes DMAIC/DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
· Prepare and lead design reviews or supplies supporting material to lead engineers.
· Ability to learn a large catalog of Configure-to-Order products.
· Oversee and continuously improve ECN process for Configure-to-Order products.
· Provide engineering design support for MV Assemblies group Configure-to-Order products, new product development (NPD) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects
· Work closely with application engineer for any issue and discrepancy between run and BOM
· Development of ISO layout runs for customer review and approval as well as final manufacturing and installation drawings with dimension, balloons and detailed bill of material.
· Provide custom solution for individual components that makes up MV Assemblies and MV Switches
· Support for medium voltage approval and construction drawings
· Able to identify an issue, propose a solution and review with necessary engineering team (COE, R&D, Quality, etc.) for final approval.
· Create and execute Engineering Change Requests/Notices, and enter into the ERP system
measurable statistics which your position impacts
· OTD of deliverables
· FPY performance
· No. of time catches COE mistakes before it reaches to production
· No. of automation ideas
· No. of process improvement ideas and solutions implemented for cycle time reduction
Required: Mechanical Engineer or Diploma
• 4 to 5 years of experience in mechanical designing or drafting
• Experience in Autodesk Inventor/ProE/AutoCAD
• Experience in PLM software like SAP/Windchill/Enovia and BOM
• Sound knowledge in GD&T
• Experience creating and interpreting Manufacturing Drawings
• Ability to interpret data from multiple sources to determine final requirements
• Fluent in English and able to communicate with team overseas
• Experience to work with cross functional team
• Experience with stringent timelines, and support of multiple projects in parallel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only