Warranty & Technical Services Manager
- Generating relevant metrics for both Technical Services and Hydraulics Operations performance, and utilizing those as a tool to drive productivity and product quality improvement.
- Coordinating Technical Services activities with other key Eaton Hydraulics functions including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Quality and Manufacturing.
- Supporting initiatives and process improvements within Technical Services that add value to the product, minimize expenses and improve response time to Hydraulics customers.
- Creating and executing long-term objectives for Technical Service that may be potential revenue streams or create value for Eaton products.
- Managing the processing of warranty claims and overseeing the warranty process for product returns at all global locations. This includes the establishment and management of Distributor Warranty Centers and Global Warranty Hubs.
- Negotiating and implementing warranty agreements, field campaigns and special warranty settlements with Eaton OEMs either directly or through distribution.
- Overseeing the Field Service function in order to provide timely and responsive field service to exceed customer expectations by providing troubleshooting, repair, and failure analysis on hydraulics products.
- Providing a full array of Training Services for Customers and Distributors. This includes instructor-led product and technology courses, virtual training courses, training simulations, textbooks and product cutaways.
- Driving continuous improvement objectives within the Technical Services Group.
- Building the organizational capability of the Training and Technical Services team through robust goals and development plans, meaningful work assignments and other growth opportunities.
- Implementation of Training Services growth opportunities related to new courses, materials and eLearning objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience in an engineering or technical environment
- MBA or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering
- Understanding of Eaton products, general hydraulics applications and product failure analysis
- Professional negotiating experience, such as to win business or resolve issues
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic vision of Technical Services as it fits into the overall Hydraulics aftermarket
- Problem solving skills to assess issues and implement appropriate problem solving techniques
- Ability to effectively manage multiple technically-based departments, integrating functions and overcoming barriers in order to service customer aftermarket requirements
- Ability to facilitate meetings and negotiate solutions with individuals that may have differing goals and strong opinions.
- Ability to manage large/complex projects that involve communication and reporting to multiple groups.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time