Warranty & Technical Services Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group, Americas region, is recruiting for a Warranty & Technical Services Manager.
The Warranty & Technical Services Manager will have responsibility for strategically positioning the Technical Services function for Eaton-Hydraulics’ customers and distributors to provide world-class Technical Support on all Eaton Hydraulics products.
The successful candidate will have direct supervision and management for all aspects related to Technical Services for Eaton Hydraulics, including Warranty Administration and Field Service. As part of this responsibility, the Warranty & Technical Services Manager will manage the Warranty Department including policy development and compliance, warranty agreements, settlement resolution and the Americas Product Return System.
In this role you will:
- Generate, review and analyze relevant metrics for both Technical Services and Hydraulics Operation performance (warranty, warranty centers, RMA, campaigns, etc) and utilize those as a tool for productivity and product quality improvement.
- Coordinate Technical Services activities with other key Eaton Hydraulics functions including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Quality, and Manufacturing.
- Support initiatives and process improvements within Technical Services that add value to the product, minimize expense, and improve response time to Hydraulics customers.
- Create and execute long-term objectives for Technical Service that may be potential revenue streams, or more importantly create value for Eaton products.
- Manage the processing of warranty claims, and oversee the warranty process for product returns at all Americas locations. This includes the establishment and management of Distributor Warranty Centers and Americas Warranty Hubs.
- Negotiate, implement and track warranty agreements, field campaigns and special warranty settlements or rebates with Eaton OEM’s direct or through Distribution network.
- Oversee Field Service function in order to provide timely and responsive field service to exceed customer expectations by providing troubleshooting, repair, and failure analysis on hydraulic products.
- Provide world class Technical Support for distributors and customers on all Eaton Hydraulics products.
- Drive continuous improvement objectives within the Technical Services Group.
- Establish goals, conduct performance reviews, provide coaching, identify development opportunities, and make annual salary recommendations for the Tech Services Group.
- Develop and manage the Tech Services Group within established budget.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience in an engineering or technical environment
- MBA or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering
- Understanding of Eaton products, general hydraulics applications and product failure analysis
- Professional negotiating experience, such as to win business or resolve issues
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic vision of Technical Services as it fits into the overall Hydraulics aftermarket
- Problem solving skills to assess issues and implement appropriate problem solving techniques
- Ability to effectively manage multiple technically-based departments, integrating functions and overcoming barriers in order to service customer aftermarket requirements
- Ability to facilitate meetings and negotiate solutions with individuals that may have differing goals and strong opinions.
- Ability to manage large/complex projects that involve communication and reporting to multiple groups.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time