Mechanical Design Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will make, innovate, document and test mechanical designs of UPS systems and accessories.
You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Espoo Site and will engage in UPS development.
Your key deliverables :
· You will design mechanical construction of new UPS products
· You will assume material design responsibility and surface treatment selection
· You will develop documenting related to mechanical, harness and assembly (BOM) design
· You will assume responsibility for appropriate testing and evaluation of products, parts, equipment, tools, and systems along with necessary corrective follow-up
· You will analyse and solve product issues
· You will give technical support on UPS systems to product management, technical support and sales
· You will act as a system engineer in R&D projects that mainly consist of mechanical engineering tasks. System engineer coordinates the design efforts of different engineering disciplines and ensure that various aspects of the system-level design are fully taken into account
· Bachelor’s or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years of mechanical design experience
· Deep understanding of material properties & manufacturing methods. Multidisciplinary (mechanical, electrical) prototyping capability.
· Experience in 3D CAD software (Creo Parametric desired)
· Good verbal and written communications in English.
· Ability to work in a project team and manage multiple personal tasks under low guidance.
· Thermal analysis & design & thermal testing
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time