Eaton Internship Program: Operations for Engineers
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
The Eaton Internship Program – Operations for Engineers is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12 to 14 week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree engineering program with a major in electrical, mechanical, industrial, industrial & systems, engineering technology, engineering management, aerospace, aeronautical, or manufacturing from an accredited institution
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program
- Engineering major in mechanical, electrical, industrial or manufacturing
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of internship
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Ability to speak a second language
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Intern assignment manager.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time