Field Application Engineer
- You will influence consulting engineers, design-build contractors, end users, OEMs and electrical design engineers on the benefits of specifying and utilizing Bussmann series products.
- You will train and assist electrical inspectors on the benefits of enforcing National Electrical Code (NEC) sections that are most beneficial for creating demand for Bussmann series products.
- You will assist UL inspectors on the benefits of enforcing portions of UL standards that are most beneficial for creating demand for Bussmann series products.
- You will train customers on the benefits and application of Bussmann series products related to the proper application per the NEC.
- You will develop specification-oriented sales materials, articles, and presentations while identifying gaps in the product offering and associated potential new products and applications
- You will influence NFPA, IEEE, IAEI, IBEW, NECA, and NJATC members and state/local electrical code members to vote for Division-friendly changes and proposals that create demand for Division product.
- You will become the subject matter expert or the “go-to” resource on overcurrent protection in the territory and develop appropriate materials, articles and presentations and other training aids to achieve the desired sales goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a consulting electrical engineer, plant engineer, OEM design engineer, electrical contractor, design-build contractor, electrical inspector, or sales engineer for switchgears, controls, or overcurrent protection
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of City of Industry, CA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- P.E. License
- Ability to engage in highly technical sales and training activities, strong presentation skills to small and large audiences
- Ability to work across Eaton divisions
- Highly motivated and proven goal oriented individual capable of working from a home office with minimal supervision
- Up to 30% travel required in the Nevada, Southern California and Arizona
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time