Eaton’s Power Components division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
The Buyer/Planner will have responsibility for the timely procurement of materials, and related production support activities. This role will be responsible for resolving any procurement, quality, invoice, production and inventory related issue including appropriate ERP transactions. This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, and will interface with customer service, internal and external suppliers, Product Engineering, and Production to ensure a high level of support to satisfy the customer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review requisitions, place purchase orders, issue change notices, review exception messages, and follow-up and expedite delivery of materials or services as necessary to ensure adherence to production schedules and delivery to meet supplier on time delivery (SOTD) goals.
- You will maintain Material Master records for assigned materials; Ensure accurate ERP records and source lists to promptly reconcile supplier invoices for payment.
- You will interact with suppliers to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, lead time management, and material expedites or delays as well as drive cost reduction opportunities. Involve strategic sourcing to align negotiations, new supplier selection, and supply chain strategy.
- You will do Cycle count and reconcile ERP inventory including support of physical inventory to ensure inventory accuracy within goal.
- You will review and maintain internal / external Kanban replenishment, vendor managed programs, scheduling agreements and blanket orders.
- You will provide reporting as well as deliver annual cost reduction / process improvement goals to support facility metrics
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing purchasing and production planning functions in a manufacturing environment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role.
- Proficient experience with purchasing and planning using ERP systems such as Mapics or SAP.
- APICS certification
- Demonstrated capability of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies – Green Belt certification a plus
- Proven experience with quality assurance and reporting accuracy
- Proven knowledge and applications skills with process improvements
- Ability to work with engineering teams and all operations related departments
- Understands key financial metrics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No