Eaton's Bussmann Division has an opening for :
Location: Hungary - Győr
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The primary function of this position is to support manufacturing, identifying areas of inefficiency (productivity, quality, safety) within the manufacturing areas, and using Six Sigma tools to make improvements while minimizing cost. Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement.
You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Győr Cooper Bussmann Site and will engage with the Site Operations Manager.
Your key deliverables :
- Support and drive new projects and processes and build close relationship with other manufacturing operations and units, investment projects for improvement, including machine purchase recommendations, machine upgrades, installation, programming, etc.
- Lead equipment and/or technology transfer related sub-projects; ensure the new processes successful implementation.
- Provide technical support to to each manufacturing area and assigned processes and areas in response to production and operator/machine setter needs.
- Identify inefficient processes, through observation and through interaction with operators within the manufacturing areas, and implement improvements through utilization of tools like Six Sigma.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional project teams, assist with corrective actions and implement improvements and document associated cost savings.
- Test process changes and collect data. Use relevant software programs for statistical analysis of data. Utilize analysis to drive improvements.
- Utilize change management processes to be sure facility systems are updated with all project improvement changes; this includes updating all relevant process documents.
- Develop and maintain effective production standards for assigned processes.
- Be an active member of the Continuous Improvement and Development teams.
- Maintain standard work, work instructions, process maps, FMEA’s and other required documents for assigned processes.
- Work with product engineering as they develop new products and the associated processes / equipment through Eaton’s PROLaunch gated development program.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on NPI engineering – than please apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering Master’s is preferred
- Minimum 4 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Prior work experience as project engineer, industrial engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Ability to use effectively Lean Six Sigma tools such as standard work, setup reduction, 5S+, problem solving and total preventive maintenance.
- Experience leading projects
- Right Attitude to both teamwork and ability to assert oneself
- Superb Flexibility if Business Issues require those
- Strongly focused on Commitments set by Superiors
- Strong verbal, written, and technical communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- English language skills required
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No