Responsible for Implementing strategies focus around Power Systems and Power Quality Division. . Build and leverage synergies between various PSD and PQD products. Provides leadership in the development of Switchgear, Capacitors, LIPE, Regulators and UPS for PSD and PQD. Works closely with teammates from Eaton India Innovation Center (Pune) and various PSD/PQD facilities in North America for New Product Developments, Cost out, sustaining and application engineering projects. Build Organization Capabilities – Hire and development plans for the talents for PSD/PQD business division. Provide leadership to innovate new differentiating products and services. Lead strategic initiatives to improve the timelines and quality of deliverables. Define Digitization technology for division working with CoE and product line teams. Define VA road map for division conducting IP landscape, tear down events and competitor benchmarking.
- BE/ME in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10 to 15 years of design experience with electromechanical systems. Minimum four year experience as “Manager of People”.
- Should have sound knowledge in Electrical products like Circuit breakers, Electrical panels, MV Switchgear, RMU, ATS, Transformers, UPS.
- Drive growth in respective team in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in Electrical and mechanical design as well as adjacent technology areas in product engineering.
- Sound Analysis Mindset and drive DP maturity to enhance NPI efficacy.
- Act as a technical mentor and expert tech reviewer in domain. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements/statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
- Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class design in line with present and future business needs.
- Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
- Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables.
- Manage and develop talent: identifies, attracts and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
- Drive employee survey action plans to attain high level of employee engagement & managerial effectiveness.
- Drive culture of innovation with focus on new patent disclosures and high-impact ideas.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time