Eaton’s Electrical division is seeking an Assembler II to join our team. This position is based at our Torrance, CA facility.
This Assembler II is responsible for work in any of the assembly areas within the business unit servicing both internal and external customers. The Assembler II is required to work within a team environment. The person will be held accountable by the production supervisor.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will be responsible for electronic assembly and repair of Surface Mount Through hole and soldering and de-soldering.
You will use measuring equipment, test equipment and hand tools as needed (air drivers, screw drivers, wrenches, presses and other tooling fixtures).
You will be required to read and interpret drawings and blueprints
You will be part of the team to maintain and support a safe, clean work environment
You will be part of facilitating ongoing continuous improvement in support of quality, productivity and growth objectives
compatibility and safety of electrical systems
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent required from an accredited institution
Must reside within 50 miles of Torrance, CA in order to be considered
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Sitting: Approximately 8 hours per day
Hands: (Grasp/Pinch/Finger Dexterity):
• Continuous hand, arm, and shoulder movement
• Finger dexterity is required during machine and assembling operation
• Must be able to grasp and use tools, some small in size
• Must be able to handle components and parts, some intricate
• Must be able to pick and place small or intricate components
• Duration is constant throughout the day
• Lifting of up to 10 pounds is required frequently
• Lifting of up to 25 pounds is required occasionally
• Lifting of over 35 pounds is generally not required
• Must be able to work for extended periods of time while sitting.
• Safety glasses required
• Inspection of work
• Reading prints, details, and routings
• Duration is constant throughout the day
• Must be able to use color to identify components
• Basic computer, math and ability to read and understand work instructions and drawings required.
• Continuous noise when machines are running
• Uses chemicals, Flux, Thinner (Solder Fume exposure)
• Indoors, located on first floor
• Overtime is scheduled regularly throughout the year
• Maximum work space in some areas is 2-3 feet
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
• Safety glasses required at all time
• ESD Smock provided and required at all times when assembling components
• Protective gloves may be required for specific applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No