Lead Systems Project Engineer
- You will perform duties as senior Project engineer for a product line and act as liaison between Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Supply Chain and the global engineering group. Handle all assigned project activity from initiation to product launch for assigned projects.
- You will design and generate 2D CAD design files (AutoCAD) and 3D parametric models (Creo), wiring diagram and mechanical drawings, documentation, assembly guides, procedures and illustrations for standard and custom products.
- You will perform product development activities that may include Electromechanical, Analog & Digital Circuit, and PCB design projects.
- You will utilize a high degree of creative ability, engineering skill, and judgment to accomplish design goals that support a global manufacturing and sales environment
- You will create, manage and maintain all BOMs using Enovia and related product data management (PDM) tools.
- You will examine product performance to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests.
- You will conduct cost studies, DFM analyses and manufacturing process/equipment recommendations.
- You will develop engineering standards related to product manufacturability, quality and testability.
- You will review engineering drawings prior to release to production in an effort to effectively control manufacturing costs.
- You will participate in the study of production problems relative to equipment, processes, documentation and methods as required using the Lean tools.
- You will comply with Eaton Business Excellence Criteria, Eaton Quality System and ISO9001-2000 for applicable Engineering procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in electrical, electro/mechanical or electronic circuit product design
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience leading a cross-functional, global development team
- Design experience with electrical products using Six Sigma Design practices
- Experience solving electrical, embedded code, electronic packaging and mechanical interface issues preferred.
- Experience with embedded microcontroller hardware development, firmware development (using C or C++), and automated system test (using Visual Basic, C#, NI TestStand, or scripting)
- Experience with Safety and Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) certification processes and agencies, such as Underwriters Laboratories, Intertek, and TUV
- Project management experience
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with new and unique ideas
- •Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- •Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- •Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- •Ability to self-motivate, self-manage, be team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time