Senior Financial Analyst FPA
- You will prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts, operating budgets and strategic plans.
- You will provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
- You will report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
- You will perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. Provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
- You will perform division finance month-end closing procedures.
- You will work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
- You will evaluate Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an accounting or finance function is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Syracuse, NY facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
- Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No