Data Steward (Hydraulics poducts)
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Data Steward (Hydraulics Products)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Sales and Marketing Center (SMC) partners with multiple Eaton businesses across different geographies to deliver incremental value and drive growth by providing best in class solutions and practices through its five integral CoEs - Sales Analytics & Market Research [SAMR], Creative CoE, Customer Services [CS], Master Data Management [MDM] and Pricing CoE. SMC provides diverse opportunities and platform to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment through exposure to different global and regional sales and marketing initiatives. SMC fosters an inclusive environment by reinforcing behaviors that recognize, value and leverage talent capabilities which helps to drive innovation & contribute to Eaton’s business growth.
The key function of Data Steward will be to centrally manage product data and the distribution of that data to customers, print catalogs, internal Eaton departments, all users and consuming systems of data. Data Steward responsibilities include providing definitions, establishing data quality expectations and implementing business rules for acquisitions, maintenance and use. The Data Steward will develop a solid understanding of Eaton’s businesses and systems, the data used within the systems and the business processes that impact that data and its use.
The Data Steward will manage the deployment of policies and procedures to assure the accuracy of Eaton’s data and work with data analysts and others to successfully attribute, enrich and maintain Eaton’s data. The Data Steward will work in conjunction with the Product Data Manager, Product Management, IT and other functions/divisions to deliver outstanding master data management and health.
Your key deliverables :
- Collaborate and assist with the data analyst team and management, related processes/policies. Ensure data accuracy, completeness and health requirements for Hydraulics regionally.
- Responsible for providing tactical assistance to Product life cycle management in enterprise / business systems and services.
- Key point of contact for all issues related to data integrity within his/her business region and with other internal and external users and consuming systems of the data. Work collectively with others to ensure timely project completion.
- Leverage the voice of customer to establish priorities to improve satisfaction and deliver organic growth.
- Work closely and collaborate with business personnel, data owners and global counterparts to ensure a consistent approach to data processes.
- Responsible for providing regional PDH training, making sure all users are aware of the processes of PDH. Also ensure product and process knowledge retention within MDM team.
- Develop a process and ensure product availability and data health in PDH for new products.
- Proactively manage day-to-day data quality identification, in depth research and remediation efforts.
- Partner with data analyst, product managers, other functions, and application development to drive defect remediation, quality opportunities and development prioritization activities.
- Develop measures of product data quality, maintain metrics, and publish to stakeholders.
- B-Tech. Mechanical engineering with 4-6 Years of experience in Product data management, data governance and data analysis.
- Should possess effective verbal and written communication skills and neutral accent.
- Working knowledge of tools involving product master records.
- Working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment and project teams.
- Coordinate with different functional heads/personnel as per the need and able to take other tasks which would be assigned time to time.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience with data stewardship, governance, analysis, working across matrix organizations.
- Experience working with Hydraulics customer facing tools (such as PowerSource), processes, and IT systems (SCM, ERP, WCM Document Management)
- Experience in creating or maintaining process flows.
- Knowledge of various IT systems and processes (product management, manufacturing, marketing and engineering)
- Experience in Enovia, Oracle and Microsoft business suite (specifically Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) Experience of developing excel macros will be an added advantage.
- Preferably good understanding to work on tools and applications like CAD-2D/3D, Pro-E/Creo 2.0, PLM systems.
- Good with data analytics and Reporting( Experience of reporting tools)
- Knowledge of Product data processing at an administrator level would be preferred but is not required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time