Manager, Compensation Programs
Eaton is currently seeking a Manager, Compensation Programs, to join our Corporate Compensation team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio facility.
The Manager, Compensation Programs will design and lead the strategy and deployment of global compensation programs, processes, and tools. These global compensation programs include salary structures (national, sales, local), pay actions, job evaluations, merit, jobs/grade architecture, US Development Program participant and intern compensation, US geographical differentials, and US offer letters.
The Manager, Compensation Programs will develop strategy for deploying, managing, and supporting global pay policies. The successful candidate will also develop strategic direction as it relates to US legislative compliance including FLSA, pay equity, pay transparency, and anti-trust.as well as create and manage global governance and dashboard reporting for compensation programs. The Manager, Compensation Programs will report into the Vice President, Compensation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design and plan the strategies for global compensation programs; ensuring alignment with current and future business strategies, market practices, and Eaton’s total rewards philosophy and evaluating and introduce cycles of improvements across all programs as needed. Create and deploy global practices that drive best practice standardization, providing leadership and direction on these programs and strategies.
- You will create and deploy sustainable strategy and processes/tools to ensure internal pay practices are compliant with US federal, state, and local legislative requirements, partnering with Legal to identify risk factors and develop/deploy mitigation strategies. Leverage strategy for OUS where applicable. Includes pay equity, anti-trust, FLSA, AAP (compensation support), and pay transparency.
- You will manage global merit programs for salary-banded employees, developing strategic recommendations for future merit cycles to ensure program continues to meet changing business and market needs while supporting Eaton’s total rewards philosophy.
- You will develop strategy for systems and tools used to support compensation decisions – HRMS Reporting compensation dashboard, MarketPay and JEM. Monitor changes in internal and external environments to adapt/enhance tools as needed.
- You will design, develop, and deliver global compensation-related educational and communication programs including presentations, seminars, webcasts, and websites; deploying compensation training to regional and sector/group compensation team as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of twelve years of professional compensation experience, including creation of salary structures, budgets, job evaluations, and organizational compensation planning
- Minimum ten years of in-depth Excel usage and development of corresponding expertise
Position Success Criteria :
- Must be able to consult and advise leaders, regional and sector business partners on compensation issues and strategy without organization authority
- Position requires knowledge and experience of compensation practice
- Must have ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and communicate complex issues and make strategic decisions based on those observations
- Understanding of US legislation (federal, state, local) as it relates to compensation
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, use of created databases and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resources Management Systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time