Commodity Manager-Mechanical Components
Eaton’s Bline division is currently seeking a Commodity Manager-Mechanical Components to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Commodity Manager has worldwide responsibility for the development and deployment of the commodity strategy for the commodities or spending sectors for which the manager is responsible. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining global Regional Sourcing Leader (RSL) relationships to implement tactical strategies including: improved raw material and finished goods cost, reducing inventory and lead times, rationalizing the supplier base, and increasing the Best Cost Country (BCC) spend. The Global Commodity Manager has accountability to performance management of the global portfolio of suppliers supporting assigned commodities including cost, quality, lead time, and total value and effectively communicating this performance to the cross functional business leadership team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the development and deployment of long-term sourcing strategies. This will require:
- You will manage cross-functional groups from appropriate business units (Product Development, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Marketing, and Supply Chain) to assist in the development and implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- You will evaluate make-buy conclusions and identifying the best source, in-house or out-source; including total cost evaluation of internal manufacturing versus supplier costs.
- You will identify and evaluate international manufacturers.
- You will develop Early Supplier Involvement Programs to drive lower acquisition costs, improve quality, and reduce complexity.
- You will lead cross functional business teams to develop the best supply and value chains for both Cooper Strategic Sourcing and B-Line initiatives.
- You will evaluate traditional and non-traditional supplier capabilities and supply base trends to select the optimum supply and value chain strategies that will leverage existing business.
- You will develop long-term agreements that support Cooper Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- You will manage Supplier Performance and Measure Performance against key business goals
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum of 3 years in the Sourcing / Purchasing / Supplier Quality Arena
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Lincoln, IL in order to be considered.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- 7 years material management / supply chain management experience
- Ability to influence and drive change in a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of cost drivers in procurement and supply processes.
- Global Mindset and Approach
- Previous experience in contracts management
- Multi-language is a plus
- Multi-culture is a plus
- Experience in SAP
- Ability to travel as needed not more than 10%
- Strong knowledge and expertise with MRP systems
- Data mining ability
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to develop & implement strategy
- Strong project management skills
- Evaluation and Source for Alternative Suppliers & Capabilities
- Develop Supplier Network consolidation plans to optimize network performance & costs
- Develop critical success factors, dependencies and milestones
- Drive overall project implementation, integration of project components
- Materials Management: approx $20-$30 million annual COGS
- Material Types Responsible For:
- Asia sourced parts
- Electrical components
- Locations Supported
- Highland, IL
- Troy, IL
- Pinckneyville, IL
- Reno, NV
- Sherman, TX
- Boston, MA
- Calgary, Canada
- Damman, Saudi Arabia
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time