Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Press Operator-2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Belmond, IA facility.
The Forge Press Operator Sets up, operates and maintains forge press machines in a productive and safe manner
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read job instructions to produce specified valves including basic mathematical calculations
- You will support, operate and adjusts forge press according to guidelines and in a safe manner
- You will perform set ups and light maintenance and troubleshooting of forge press equipment
- You will change punches and dies as required
- You will accurately complete and support production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc)
- You will utilize specified gages to insure proper product tolerances. Recognizes visual standards at the operation
- You will -when required- perform SPC on specified dimensions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Ability to proactively work with other team members
- This position requires sitting for an entire eight – ten hour shift
- Experience working on an extrusion or forging operation
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No