Product Marketing Manager
- You will define the long term strategic product roadmap, based on input from customer & channel influencers and market indicators and trends and strategic initiatives including controls
- You will define the immediate next year new product introduction plan (MGPP handshake) including the detailed market and product specifications and business case justification
- You will continuously gather and analyze competitive product information, market trends and customer insights to ensure projects stay on track and ready for success at launch
- You will work together with NPD engineering and Marketing to set the targeted launch plans and releases supported by capital and resource budgets
- You will define the detailed product and marketing specifications and alignment with all stakeholders (Operations, R&D, Sales, Quality, Marketing) and implements Pro Launch timeline and manages progress with support of Program Management and Engineering
- You will set and manage market price & margin strategy for new products in coordination with the sales and pricing teams
- You will coordinate with marketing and communications the development of necessary collateral, promotions, samples, etc. as defined by launch priority and requirements
- You will support sales, marketing, customer service with required launch and training plans
- You will ensure accuracy of all product data at the time of commercial release
- You will define and manage product hierarchy structure for the complete product portfolio.
- You will continuously manage portfolio health including but not limited to competitive performance, platform upgrades, tool updates and maintenance, end-of-life product delistment.
- You will select and set priorities for process, price and margin improvement projects using our VAVE and TWE process teams and initiatives
- You will assist the Supply Chain and Demand Plan teams in monthly forecast and planning sessions to help drive operational capacity and on-time service commitments.
- You will provide continuous product support to internal and external customers as needed, not limited to product training to agents, distributors, customers, etc., includes participation in industry tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years Product or Marketing Management Experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must live within 50 miles of Eaton in Peachtree City, no relocation benefits are offered for this position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and products
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the lighting industry, outdoor/exterior lighting preferred
- Strong competency in LED and controls technology
- Experience in new product development and technical program management
- New product commercialization experience
- Participation in Strategic Product Planning and Product Road mapping
- Marketing and collateral development, including specification and technical writing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time