Manager, Supply Chain Management
This position is responsible for providing functional leadership for Supply Chain in PQD, ensuring regulatory and policy compliance for all supply chain related entities and providing local governance, thought leadership, and opportunities for leveraging one Eaton – leveraging scale and spend across businesses.
A. Supports the division objectives whilst supporting and aligning with APAC SCM regional goals. Localize annual SCM profit plan, organizational capability assessment for the function.
B. Lead the delivery of Key Performance Indicators, to achieve productivity, process improvement, policy deployment and other aspects of functional governance.
C. Collaborate with local business SCM teams to pursue overall SCM objectives, which will include strengthening rigor around policy deployment, and internal control from a purchasing perspective.
D. Work with plant managers and plant material planner / buyer to develop site procurement strategy, improve the co-working process, clearly define the roles and responsibilities between division SCM and plant relative functions.
E. Coordinate with commodity managers at sector and global level to ensure Corporate Strategy deployment by facilitating local communication as required, extending to other regional stakeholders.
F. Work collaboratively with Business GM’s and respective SCM leads on opportunities for improvement in ways to ensure success of SCM initiatives & projects – including leveraging of spend, resources and standard processes.
G. Focal point for relationship management for SCM, which will include ensuring that the SCM function has a strong profile and presence in sourcing services (Indirect, Logistics & Trade Management) and eliminating poor ‘buying’ practices.
H. Develop & manage relationships with strategic suppliers. Identify key vendors and improve the bulk raw material sourcing ability, include price, procurement cycle, etc.
I. Implement measures to improve performance of the Indirect, Logistics & Trade Management projects in the region.
J. Lead performance management & coaching in development of the SCM team, ensuring effective development plans, including SCM curriculum use and deployment.
Qualifications• Strong functional skills and experience in related activities appropriate for role & responsibilities;
• Perfect ethical approach and strong personal values – role model for the regional SCM organization;
• Procurement, Sourcing, Logistics, Outsourcing, Supply Base Mgt, Materials Management, Trade Management & Risk, Supplier Quality, etc.;
• Strong general knowledge and capabilities in general Finance, Accounts Payable & Legal in support of primary role & responsibilities;
• Vision and strong program management skills, including change management;
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment - ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward;
• Excellent communication skills especially associated with working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong drive for results;
• Self-directed leadership with minimal supervision;
• Business management experience (preferably supply chain functional experience in doing business in the market) in an international business environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD Power Quality Division APAC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time