Senior Design Engineer
· Deliver new product development tasks or sub-projects with limited guidance and supervision;
· Support manufacturing for launched products independently;
· Lead and deliver Valuable Engineering projects;
· Develop, maintains, supports design process and focus on concept design, piece part drawings, assembly and BOM;
· Support sales to answer customer’s questions and design-in work at project beginning;
· Support after-sales;
· Prepare design solution independently, make decision and validation.
· Bachelor's degree or above, master is preferred. Mechanical or Electric Engineering background;
· 5 years or longer experience in position as Engineer, research and design or relative functions;
· Be familiar with using 3D software, such as Solidworks, Pro/E and Autocad;
· Technical foundation in fuse, disconnector, switcher and/or related products and applications;
· Be familiar with insulating/conductive materials, and the surface finish treatment, be able to design mechanical structure and electrical calculation individually for electrical device/equipment.
· Matrix management (product performance, manufacturability & cost);
· Capability on communications and team work;
· Data based decision making;
· Project management skills, knowledge on new product development procedure.
· Certain English skill on oral and writing
· Strong self-study capability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PDD CPCD Circuit Protection and Controls Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No