Corporate Research & Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
China office Laboratory Technician with at least 3 years working experience in R&D or engineering lab to be responsible for the safe and efficient creation and management of experiments as well as for the service and support to the whole CRT China team. This role will mainly be responsible for CRT Shanghai lab management and operation, and provide support and coordination for any external testing. This role is expected to be actively involved in CRT technical projects besides lab responsibilities. Future growth potential of this role could be engineer or lab manager.
Primary functions for this position include:
• Responsible for lab management as a leader in:
- Lab management planning to achieve world-class lab with safety and efficiency
- Execution to achieve zero-incidents and gain high satisfaction of lab users
- Build up comprehensive testing capabilities for GRT China
- Communication and coordination with GRT China team and other functional teams, provide safety trainings to new employees.
• Responsible for project testing as a leader in:
- Test planning and design of experiment (DoE)
- Test setup and execution
- Data analysis, report and documentation
• Enable proper operation of experiments by preparing, setting up and executing experiments.
• Develop testing procedures and maintain reports.
• Understand project plans from project manager and deliver results on-schedule.
• Maintain lab facility in safe and organized manner. Ensure lab safety actions in place fully complied with Eaton EHS and 5S policy.
• Carry out routine safety checks of equipment and experiments and keep documentations.
• Respond to other tasks at request from management.
· Read and understand electric & mechanical schematics/layouts, and technical manuals – required
· Basic English communication skills. Able to use English to write work emails. – required
· Basic knowledge on AC/DC electrical system. Understand the three phase AC electrical system. Have experience in working with 220V/380V electrical system.– required
· Familiar with computer software including Microsoft-Office (word, excel and power point) – required
· Knowledge about quality and safety requirement in laboratory – required
· Strong interpersonal and team playing skills – required
· Experience with basic lab instruments and measuring devices (scope, power analyzer, data acquisition, power supply, etc.) – required
· Experience with installation and operation of electric motor testbeds (motor, generator, dyno, etc.) – Preferred
Desired experience and/or qualifications
· Associate degree or above in Mechanical, Electrical, or related field – required
· At least 3 years relevant working experience in R&D or engineering lab – required
· Lab management experience – preferred
· Electrician license – preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time