- You will guide ECAD efforts to originates and develops creative conceptual electrical design layouts, details, assemblies in a complete and accurate manner.
- You will guide coordination of global PCB design resources to deliver on necessary design packages as well as align and standardize on toolsets and processes across the organization.
- You will guide component librarian role for division to create and maintain component parts databases, using pertinent database systems.
- You will develop and review others work to ensure high quality, economical designs as demonstrated through achieving performance goals while meeting the size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability, and cost objectives
- You will guide coordination of mechanical packaging of PCBs with appropriate mechanical packaging group.
- You will drive self and team to stay up to date with PCB manufacturing engineers, tool designers, part vendors, and others on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products
- You will Investigate all sources of information (marketing, standards, manufacturing, and engineering) that will aid in developing products that meet the needs of our customers
- You will be responsible to drive improvements in related to design techniques, documentation, and process enhancements, including PDM systems.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years or more experience in engineered drafting work involving electrical design CAD tools.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation. Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
- Ability to Travel up to 10%
- Experience in New Product Development and/or Product line Support.
- 10,000 hours in Mentor Graphics suite (DX Designer / PADS), Cadence Allegro, Altium, or equivalent PCB Schematic / Layout toolset.
- Proven ability to coordinate global designers to deliver on complex design requirements.
- 3D CAD package familiarity (PTC Creo, Autodesk Inventor, or equivalent parametric tool)
- Experience in the following additional tools: AutoCAD, MS Office Applications, EasyLabel Software, Enovia, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe products.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to apply corporate standards related to electrical drafting.
- Good knowledge of Eaton Electrical products or similar industrial control products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, IEC, CE, etc.
- Comfort with organizing large amounts of metadata.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time