Lead Financial Analyst-Programs
Eaton Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst-Programs. The Lead Financial Analyst-Programs will be based at either our Camarillo, CA or Torrance, CA facility.
This position is responsible for supporting the financial activities of the Program Management and Engineering functions for the Mil-Aero business within the Fluid and Electrical Distribution (FED) division. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, program financial measurement and reporting, contract accounting, supporting new business proposals, and business partnering with program management to review and report cost drivers and spend activities for Division engineering. This position will ensure that the tracking, reporting, and forecasting of program expenses is completed on a monthly basis, and will work with the program managers to understand all changes are understood and communicated appropriately.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will monitor and communicate the program management spend for the division and provide the department with interpretation of variances from plan, forecast, or baseline targets
- You will prepare monthly report out on all major programs, including updates on IRR, NPV, shipset cost, and all spending variance analysis as well as helping other cross functional teams identify financial risks and develop mitigation plans.
- You will partner with program managers to control costs, maximize revenue from scope changes, ensure milestone invoices are raised promptly, mitigate risks and manage the budget.
- You will be responsible for Estimate to Complete calculations (ETC) when required by the contract and ensure these are reviewed and approved by division management
- You will be participate in the pro-launch process and specifically support Pro-launch gate reviews and provide all necessary financial review in a timely fashion.
- You will assist in the preparation of strategic plans, annual profit plans, and monthly rolling forecasts by project for all major programs and for the overall R&D budget.
- You will identify opportunities for and implement improvements to PMO processes. This will include participation in multiple cross-functional teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or accounting is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Camarillo, CA or Torrance, CA facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA/CPA/CMA preferred
- commercial/government long-term development and production contracts.
- Aerospace/manufacturing/cost accounting experience
- MS Office, integrated ERP / accounting system experience
- CAS/FAR contract accounting experience
- Strong technical expertise (US GAAP/IAS) in accounting and finance
- Experience in managing teams and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated written, and interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective cross-functional relationships.
- Proven management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Working knowledge of FASB guidance on Revenue Recognition standards and Pre-Production Costs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time