Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA location.
Eaton Aerospace Group has an opening for a Supply Chain Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be responsible for the implementation of supply chain strategies in the form of technical knowledge transfer and risk mitigation on critical supplier transitions, and the development of cost out and other efficiency improvements through implementation of Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Advanced Manufacturing technologies. This position can be located in any of the US aerospace locations.
The specific functions of this position include the following:
- Works directly with suppliers to ensure effective technical knowledge transfer and risk mitigation of critical supplier transfers, primarily by completing print reviews with new supplier, leading to flawless relaunch of production at the new supplier location
- Leads Manufacturing Capability Assessments with key suppliers to evaluate supplier’s technical competencies and ensure manufacturing technologies are sufficient to meet technical and supplier performance requirements
- Works with Eaton’s Supplier Development Engineers to drive effective implementation of Aerospace PPAP within suppliers, including support of robust PFMEA development and validation of subsequent control plans
- Coordinates timely submission and leads initial FAI/PPAP reviews with suppliers to ensure completeness prior to formal sign off
- Actively supports supply chain cost-out activities through evaluation of supplier IDEAS and participation in VAVE and DFM events
- Uses knowledge of existing and advanced manufacturing technologies to lead Should Cost analysis in the Aerospace Supply Chain to identify opportunities for cost out and improving capability
- Supports resolution of quality and delivery constraints stemming from technical or manufacturing related problems in existing suppliers
- Functions as a technical liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations, etc.) to clarify technical requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations or Engineering with a minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of manufacturing technologies such as general machining, inspection, casting and special processes
- Strong planning/project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional supplier process improvement teams
- Ability to present self professionally to customers and interact with suppliers even during stressful interactions
- Strong IT application skills, including the full suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of quality systems (ISO/TS16949, AS9100, NADCAP), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
- Mmust be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of the US Aerospace sites will be considered for this position: Beltsville, MD; Bethel, CT; Camarillo, CA; Charleston, SC; East Providence, RI; Euclid, OH; Fort Worth, TX; Glenolden, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Irvine, CA; Jackson, MI; Jackson, MS; Los Angeles, CA; Eastanollee/Toccoa, GA; Torrance, CA
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
- Technical proficiency in casting, special processes, and/or additive manufacturing is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time