Credit Risk Analyst EMEA
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Credit Risk Analyst EMEA, your main duty would be to provide high quality output to senior management, detailing the credit risk of new and existing customers to support commercial decisions – using both 3rd party credit recommendations and own / team analysis. You would also be expected to provide controls and processes that drive adherence to EMEA Credit procedures and to liaise with key stakeholders (internal and external). You will also be required to put in place key improvement actions and have good risk management skills to ensure cash flow continues to improve for the business.
Your main duties :
· Risk management: ensuring customers’ credit limits are checked against 3rd part credit recommendations, with the goal of keeping financial losses at a minimum
· Ability to identify pro-actively potential credit risks across the customer base thanks to your analytical skills
· Work as a ‘Business Partner’ with finance, accounting, business operations and senior management across regions and systems (Oracle / SAP) - submitting and obtaining approval for all credit limits and managing the release of credit-blocked orders.
· Ensure full portfolio is compliant to Credit Procedures and meets internal controls, Sarbanes Oxley & audit requirements. Ensure all customer master data in the area of credit management is accurate and up to date.
· Conduct creditworthiness checks on new & existing customers utilizing 3rd party credit agencies. Using and developing own financial analysis skills.
· Provide risk recommendations to management for new and existing customers based on available information. Manage and monitor end-to-end decision making process to ensure alignment to customer (internal/external) expectations.
· Provide analysis, recommendations and decisions on credit–blocked orders utilising the EMEA Credit Procedure and take appropriate actions / notify and discuss with relevant stakeholders.
· Help negotiate acceptable solutions and credit risk mitigation actions with stakeholders where required. Ensure risk escalation process is followed, informing senior EMEA management as necessary.
· Support standard Credit Management KPI’s in conjunction with the collection teams (Past Due, Collection Efficiency and DSO goals).
· Ensure integrity of customer payment terms across the region and recommend / drive standardization of terms across divisions where required.
· Assist Credit Leader and Credit Manager EMEA with periodic or ad hoc financial reports and assisting with Atradius Credit Insurance reporting.
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an international finance / credit role.
· Track record in achieving and exceeding goals/targets.
· Experience of credit risk issues that affect a customer’s ability to pay on time.
· Excellent business English (the working language of this position)
· Can manage own time / priorities and has ability to work well and be highly organized under pressure.
· Skilled at managing multiple tasks within demanding timelines
· Decision-making skills and knowing when to escalate at the correct times.
· Understanding of the Order to Cash process
· Negotiating skills & problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and service delivery
· Accurate and clear written / presentation skills
- Intermediate Excel
- Some process improvement experience / looking for opportunities to refine the way we do things
- Strong team player
· Ability to analyze and identify trends
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization
· Previous experience of Oracle/SAP and other ERP
· Basic or good understanding of corporate credit risk analysis
· Ability to understand and analyse business financials (Balance Sheet / Profit & Loss)
What we offer:
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening and ability testing.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No