Analyst IT - Site Platform Delivery, INFCOE
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
- · Independently performs low to medium complex platform delivery tasks related to the remote site infrastructure design, implementation, upgrade of Windows Server hardware, Operating Systems, VMWare, Storage Systems and Backup technologies
- · Analyzes customer project requests for adherence to site platform standards and best practices. Maps requirements with appropriate platform technology standards to provide best system solutions.
- · Works within Eaton IT procurement processes for platform hardware and software acquisition worldwide.
- · Understands the components of project planning and is able to break down large tasks into smaller components. Provides estimates for effort and schedules to group leader and customers as required.
- · Keeps abreast of new technologies that affect work area.
- · Creates technical designs based on documented requirements and Eaton Standards.
- · Teams with customer to address concerns and access needs. Is able to converse with customers in non-technical language, keeping acronyms and concepts understandable.
- · Anticipates customer needs and is proactive in providing technical solution and delivery.
- · Works a standard business day. May need to be available outside of normal business hours for implementations. May travel for training, business meetings, project implementations and support.
- · Looks for improvement and growth opportunities in own area based on development plans. Value added work like Documentations, Automations etc.
- · Utilizes QOS, Portfolio and other internal tools to provide measurement and metrics on work processes.
- · Analyze and solve problems independently, with appropriate communication to customers and stakeholders.
- · Coordinates with vendor/supplier resources in order to complete project work.
- · Act as mentor to junior resources in the team
- · Aware about Site Platform Delivery processes and adhere to them
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Four-year degree in computer science or related area of study preferred.
· Must have 4-6 years of experience in IT Infrastructure.
· Industry accreditations and certifications are not required but are favorable.
· Must have good technical experience in the one or more of the following areas - Windows Server, VMWare, Storage & Backup or Linux\Unix.
· Good project management skills, including experience managing multiple small-scale projects in a cross-functional environment. Development and maintenance of project plans/schedules
· Fundamental knowledge of and experience in ITSM principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time