Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Mountain, Home, AR facility.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the continued development, implementation, and administration of Eaton’s Quality Management System (EQS) and strategic initiatives to achieve short and long term quality improvement objectives. This position supports and leads the quality effort for the Hydraulics Mountain Home Plant, including new development projects to attain a zero-defect culture, utilizing best-in-class prevention methodology. The position supports the Continuous improvement framework to deliver 100% conformance to customer requirements, including industry and regulatory standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide Quality Engineering support in Supplier Quality using (WISPER) Worldwide Interactive Supplier Performance Evaluation Reporting to interface with Suppliers to support measurement of their performance
- You will gather factual data and leads 8D teams through Measure Analyze Improve and Control (MAIC) process to reduce scrap, rework and other waste.
- You will perform internal and external audits to the ISO9001 and EQS standard.
- You will provide tactical supervision to quality technicians and lab technicians, as well as execution of a cross-training plan for Quality department, continued development of the team’s skills and competencies. Supports EHS requirements for zero-incident culture for the work environment
- You will assist with driving an engaged work-force culture within Empowered Work Teams to create an understanding in the application of the Quality tools; drives execution of A3 problem-solving in Empowered Work Teams.
- You will provide support and aid in the progression of ISO9001 and Eaton Quality System (EQS) compliance.
- You will assist in developing, maintaining and keeping current Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA’s), control plans, and related activities per Eaton policies and AIAG guidelines.
- You will assist customers with quality related issues.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution
- 3 Years of experience in a quality role or graduate of Eaton’s Leadership Development program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience working with supplier quality
- Six Sigma Black-belt, Green-belt, and/or CQE certification by ASQ
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time