B. Chooses fiscally and socially responsible methods and processes of managing natural resources and waste.
C. Continuously identifies, assesses, and reduces/eliminates EHS risk.
D. Establishes and maintains relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification, maintenance of environmental permits, submission of required reports, and maintenance of data.
E. Directs and/or supports development and deployment of EHS management systems (e.g., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registration, VPP, Industria Limpia, etc.) as appropriate.
F. Complies with Eaton’s ethics policy and keeps management informed of issues associated with regulatory compliance.
G. Provides for timely EHS training of employees
H. Investigates incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepares/directs corrective action plans.
I. Integrates and supports Corporate, Group, and Regional EHS initiatives designed to drive best practices across Eaton.
J. Initiates opportunities to improve environmental conditions in the community as well as fostering employee wellness and off-the-job safety.
K. Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
Qualifications• Comprehension of corporate, industry, state, and country environmental, health, and safety requirements.
• Fluently bilingual: English/Spanish
• Strong organizational skills including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion
• Thorough knowledge of industrial chemistry and waste control/elimination technology and practices
• Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
• 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training. Experience with security operations is a plus.
• Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
Professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent).
• Thinks and Acts Strategically
• Gets Results
• Builds Organizational Capability
• Demonstrates a Leadership Style
• Strong ethics and professional presence required
• Negotiation skills and experience with suppliers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Sense of urgency
• Proactive and organized
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time