Eaton’s Electrical Group has an opening for a Plant Manager in Worcester, MA location.
The Plant Manager will hold the key leadership role and responsibility for the areas of profitability, safety, quality, productivity, materials management, delivery, training and continuous improvements. This leader will also provide oversight for all capital requirements; and will be directly responsible for implementation and financial accountability. The Plant Manager also leads and coordinates, in accordance with Company policies and Division procedures, the Plant Line and Staff organizations so that production, quality and quantity requirements are met, costs are within budgetary standards, and best manufacturing practices are utilized in the maintenance and conservation of equipment and facilities.
- Sets overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the Eaton Business System, Values and Philosophy
- Coordinates and directs through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Engineering, Safety, Quality, SCM, OpEx, HR and Finance
- Aligns operational objectives with the overall business objectives to ensure a strategy-focused workforce
- Manages operating performance through the effective use of the Quality Operating System (QOS) process and structured problem solving
- Directs and mentors the plant leadership team in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the Eaton Leadership model
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, encourages continuous improvement, and builds customer relationships
- Drives the compliance to the ethics policy and holds others accountable for ethical conduct
- Develops controls and critically reviews results of operation in reference to planned objectives
- Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the quality, efficiency, and profitability of the overall plant
- Maintains a workforce of highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive to high levels of employee engagement
- Attracts, selects, develops, trains, coaches, appraises and motivates managers and other personnel for key staff positions and the facility
- Establishes interfaces with Divisional/Corporate management to assess customer needs and assures accurate project or program technical direction for operations engineering and manufacturing
- Assures timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. This includes assuring communications between affected reporting areas and to related departments. Responsible for establishing systems that would enhance intra- and inter-departmental communications
- Minimum 8 years of manufacturing leadership experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate ideas, concepts, and programs to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in effectively and confidently providing “leadership” to employees in a constantly changing environment
- Must be able to effectively and confidently communicate and coordinate project assignments with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels of their respective organizations
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in Eaton’s Worcester, MA location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time