Payroll Operations Manager
Eaton’s Global Financial Service Center is seeking a Payroll Operations Manager. The Payroll Operations Manager will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
leadership position is responsible for managing the day to day payroll
operations and managing, coaching, and developing a staff of direct and
indirect reports in addition to being a liaison between payroll and Eaton
locations or various corporate functions.
This individual will champion the end to end payroll process and systems
while maintaining compliance with all regulatory government agencies (federal,
state, and local) for pay practices and tax payments/filings as well as
adherence to all internal policies and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage payroll payment processes to ensure timely and accurate delivery of 1M pay statements annually to 31,000 employees with payments of $2.6B (USD) and $103M (CAD).
- You will monitor and develop processes to ensure the payments are made compliantly, meeting all internal control requirements and federal, state, and local legislative requirements
- You will operate across functions such as HR, treasury, tax, legal, and other Eaton sites to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- You will manage a staff of direct and indirect reports who support the payroll process and service the sites and employees in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada
- You will manage key performance metrics to achieve targets and profit plan goals as well as support the senior manager in preparing profit plan and billing methodology for the $6.6M payroll budget, in addition to monthly forecasting and resource planning
- You will be responsible for annual updates (or as necessary) to SOX narratives for the Payroll department
will engage with the payroll tax payment process to ensure timely and accurate
tax payments and filings to the government agencies for 24 FEINs with annual
tax payments of $812M. You will also
monitor account reconciliations to ensure timely follow through of outstanding
items including amended returns and refund requests
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of in-house payroll or related system support experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous accounting experience
- Payroll certification (CPP of FPC)
- Experience in quality initiatives (value stream mapping, Pareto analysis, Six Sigma, etc)
- Experience with in-house payroll systems: Oracle and/or INFOR
- Experience with T&L systems: Kronos, AutoTime, or Oracle Time & Labor
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Prior payroll tax filing experience
- Leadership, collaboration, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects/tasks at one time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time