Lead Electronics Engineer
Eaton’s Power Components division is currently seeking a Lead Electronics Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Lead Electronics Engineer will guide the design and development of embedded systems and analog/digital electronic systems for Eaton’s family of circuit breakers. Including protection, metering, user interface, and communications hardware functionality. Creating reliable & cost-effective hardware designs that are functional and manufacturable based on customer requirements
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will guide requirement definition, issue tracking and design collaboration using modern tools (e.g. JAMA, Jira, & Confluence)
- You will plan work in detail at individual level, creating a robust and track-able plan, coordinated with the larger development team
- You will design analog & digital circuitry which meets the performance, cost, quality and reliability goals, including design for manufacturability and modern EMC standards
- You will create fully documented designs that are easily understood by others
- You will review own work as well as other’s work in formal design and quality reviews
- You will create designs and perform testing to ensure product performance, failure modes and manufacturing variation do not affect the core product function
- You will collaborate in the global engineering environment & with Eaton Centers-of-Excellence
- You will provides domain expertise to product support personnel to solve field issues
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing and supporting the full life cycle of embedded electronic devices and systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Moon Township, PA will be considered
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with embedded firmware in 8 bit through 32 bit microcontrollers (e.g. ARM Cortex, PIC)
- Analog and digital hardware design experience
- Understanding and experience with magnetics
- Knowledge and understanding of current and voltage sensing methodologies
- Experience in IoT Connective Devices
- Hardware level knowledge of Industrial fieldbus communications (e.g. Modbus RTU, BACnet MSTP, Profibus, etc.)
- Hardware level knowledge of Industrial Ethernet communications (e.g. Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experienced in code sharing tools and teams
- Knowledge of and experience with project tracking tools such as Jira
- Expertise with Design for Six Sigma processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time