Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a talented Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the Beltsville, MD facility.
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements as well as tooling layout, design& implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Understands shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes, and manning. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies.
- You will lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Lead/ facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- You will determine Root Cause and Corrective Actions to resolve issues involving discrepant product or material.
- You will manage projects and conducts project reviews as needed to ensure successful and timely completion, within budget. Communicates changes and progress status.
- You will implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
- You will participate in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules. Act as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer. Interact with Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure design for manufacturability of new products. Participates in design review process.
- You will assist in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies as required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
· Minimum two (2) years of experience in engineering
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Beltsville facility will be considered
be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship All
positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to
the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S.
Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a
U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering preferred
· Previous experience implementing or supporting lean activities in a manufacturing environment
· Prior experience with Pro/E, Catia, and Microsoft
· Pervious project management experience a plus
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 440+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time