Machine Technician - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Machine Technician to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Roxboro, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for the machining and/or assembly of hydraulic lifters and/or cylinder deactivation rocker arms.
- You will be responsible for performing grinding, select fit sizing, and/or assembly operations.
- You will perform quality inspections (following control plans, reaction charts, SPC charts, etc.), machine set-ups, basic troubleshooting, manual handling of material, LOTO, and 5S activities.
- You will be responsible for sorting/inspection of suspect material, processing rework, assisting other product lines, and other duties, as assigned by Supervisor or Group Leader.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in machining or currently enrolled in a Precision Machining Technology program from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Roxboro, NC will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No