Distribution Center Supervisor
- You will supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: Filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.), ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- You will measure and report the effectiveness of the department activities.
- You will develop and maintain departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- You will establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- You will interpret company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- You will recommend measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- You will continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in distribution, logistics, warehouse, or manufacturing is required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of list locations will be considered for this position.
- Lean/six sigma certification.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Manager of people experience.
- Adheres to and promotes department safety guidelines in support of Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of effectively managing teams.
- Ability to communicate and make presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily requirements.
- Understanding of trucking manifests, packing lists, etc.
- Support quality actions and plans.
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a team.
- WMS and Distribution operations experience
- Ability to work within a fast-paced work environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No