- You will assemble products using various hand tools according to specifications and standards. Tools may include but are not limited to hand operated power screwdrivers, hand screwdrivers, rivet machine, crimping tools, baggers, pliers, hammer, drift pin, nut runner, other hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and protective safety and electrostatic dissipative equipment.
- You will perform quality inspection throughout the assembly process, marking and setting aside parts which have obvious defects and informing Supervisor.
- You will handle and move parts from storage locations to work cell.
- You will assist Material Handler in obtaining parts as necessary.
- You will adhere to all Eaton and OSHA Safety requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of assembly and testing of electrical products
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing in the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Windsor, CT will be considered.
- Experience with assembly of electrical products in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with the use of MRP software
- Basic SAP experience
- Must be able to wear all Personal Protective Equipment required and comply with all Safety policies.
- Must be able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and other Production paperwork.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions and train others accordingly.
- Must be able to identify that the components used meet quality standards.
- Must be able to apply Lean manufacturing theories to improve assembly operations.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork.
- Must be able to work overtime and be flexible when required.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn and perform a variety of tasks.
- Proficient with the use of computers and MRP software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No