- You will assume design responsibility for MVCA (Drives) product line. Execute all design, development, and related technical tasks required to maintain the product line.
- You will develop product designs which may require the implementation of unique solutions.
- You will initiate and prepare specifications for products, equipment, and processes while maintaining awareness and control of costs.
- You will develop and maintain detailed project schedules incorporating resource management and milestone deliverables.
- You will possess the appropriate project management skills to take the lead position on small to medium development projects.
- You will assume responsibility for appropriate testing and evaluation of products, parts, equipment, tools, and systems along with necessary corrective follow-up.
- You will be capable of writing articles for trade and technical publications, presenting papers and preparing patent disclosures.
- You will possess a working knowledge of all development/design related ISO procedures and Work Related procedures.
- You will support plant quality initiatives, plant cost improvement objectives, and plant initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date no later than December 2018
- Minimum of three (3) month’s engineering experience (this includes internships/co-ops)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum two (2) years related design experience.
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage Control Assemblies products (Medium Voltage Drives).
- Knowledge of and design experience of electrical components
- Must demonstrate proficiency in mechanical engineering principals, including vacuum interrupter device design, testing and construction.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of pc software programs such as MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and adequate familiarity with AutoCAD Inventor to utilize it for the purposes of reviewing drawings and basic sketching.
- DFSS – Design For Six Sigma
- Possess sound problem solving skills and the ability to analyze product failure issues sufficiently to drive them to root cause.
- Demonstrate fluid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to travel to support customers and product testing or standard committee work.
- Possess adequate project management skills to direct the activities of project engineers and technicians for medium to large size projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time