Eaton’s Power Distribution Data Center sales team has an opening for an Account Manager. The Account Manager will be based out of Houston or Raleigh.
The primary function of the Account Manager is to market and sell Eaton’s solutions to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve Power Distribution Data Center sales results for the assigned territory. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships within the Eaton Data Center Market, power distribution focus.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- You will quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
- You will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- You will build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- You will work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- You will canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- You will assist the team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
50% travel will be required for candidates residing within Houston. 75% travel will be required for candidates residing within Raleigh.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of electrical, or IT sales, product management or marketing experience is required
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Raleigh or Houston will be considered
- Experience within the Data Center Market
- Experience with Power Quality solutions
- Experience within the IT channel/ reseller space
- Experience managing large global IT/ Computer manufacturer global accounts
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time