Product Strategy Manager Worldwide - Engine Air Management
Eaton’s Vehicle Group and its Engine Air Management organization has an opening for a:
Product Strategy Manager - Worldwide
Location: Turin (ITA) OR Marshall (US)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Under the direct supervision of the VT Core Product Director, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the VT Core product line strategic direction, which includes, but is not limited to, gathering intimate market and customer knowledge and influencing the technology roadmap, product development strategy and product marketing, as well as initiating customer programs that consider pricing, revenue growth, profitability, design, and customer satisfaction.
To accomplish this, you must focus on developing value propositions and establishing relationships with new customers in all regions; and also contribute on the overall integration plan for manufacturing foot print solution based on the product and technology strategic direction developed.
As PSM you will expand the appropriate study about market demand and opportunity for growth in order to give the appropriate guidance and inputs to Operation and all others Regional and Global function for strategic investment plan.
Moreover you will contribute on the make or buy analysis (when appropriate leads) and will orchestrate the high level picture about the investment strategy, evaluation and integration of any acquisition or partnership.
Your key deliverables :
For each element of the product portfolio:
• Develops a robust product strategy that includes explicit understanding of current / future targets for market share, competitive positioning, product function, pricing and standard profits.
• Support the Strategic plans divisional process and develops the appropriate sales forecast for the annual business plans (Profit Plan, Strategic Plan), including a “strawman forecast” for future, developing programs.
• Develops and deploys comprehensive pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided and the competitive landscape. The pricing strategies, which will include an analytical approach, must support Eaton’s financial performance targets.
• Develops and deploys business targets pursuit plan
• Relentlessly monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to senior management as appropriate.
• Takes a lead role in building consensus of a product technology road map which effectively translates customer needs into portfolio products. Has shared responsibility of commercializing new product from R & D investments.
• Manages (through consensus) prioritization of new programs, resolving conflicts between multiple customer programs.
• Support the Regional quotation and SPC process when appropriate, by supporting regional Sales and leading VT Core Pricing Analyst.
• Assists the capital asset planning/utilization. This will include supporting outsourcing initiatives, developing partners, to achieve financial and operations performance metrics.
• Daily interface with sales, engineering and operations and VT Core pricing analyst with frequent interaction with customers and suppliers.
• Assures internal and external customer satisfaction. Provides thorough business case analysis and accurate data.
• Comply with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time